harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ECJ and Harmony
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 13:57:59 GMT
> Another live example is self hosting scenario. When we build classlib,
> all harmony JAR files are passed in -classpath argument to ECJ. When we
> build working_jdktools, -classpath doesn't contain boot harmony classes,
> and so compiler cannot find j.l.Object and fails to compile
> working_jdktools.

FYI I've fixed JPDA build at r541625. Now jdktools can be built with
pure HDK using even the old versions of ECJ. Another problem I've
found is that our javac tool from HDK rejects to compile even simple
HelloWorld.java. I don't know if I am the first person who reports
about this and how such situation could happen at all. But the fact
is: HDK I've built today contains broken javac. AFAIU this is the same
issue you have talked about - javac tries to construct a classpath for
ECJ using only "org.apache.harmony.boot.class.path" property that does
not contain kernel classes. I've fixed it in r541654 by adding values
specified in "sun.boot.class.path" too as it was suggested in this
thread. It will be removed after fixing
"org.apache.harmony.boot.class.path".

As for "java -jar ecj.jar ..." - looks like it can be fixed only by
downloading new version of ecj.jar that includes Oliver's patch.

Thanks,

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel ESSD