harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] File.canRead() returns false if File cannot be read
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 18:10:59 GMT
Hi all,

Today while working on HARMONY-517 I've added implementation for
getPlatformIsWriteOnly() native method from "luni/windows/helpers.c".
As a result we've got a small difference between our and RI's behavior
in File.canRead().

This method now returns false on Harmony in Windows environment in
case if file cannot be read indeed due to NTFS security restrictions
or some other reason. RI returns true in all cases.

>From the Javadoc spec for the canRead() method:
"Returns: true if and only if the file specified by this abstract
pathname exists and can be read by the application; false otherwise"

Looks like the Harmony behavior is correct and should not be fixed.
I've created HARMONY-3960 to log this.

Comments, objections?

--
Alexei Zakharov,