harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Kuksenko" <sergey.kukse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][nio] test org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.FileLockInterruptionExceptionTest failed
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 16:38:08 GMT
Hi, All!
Fix for "
failure are avaliable in

The problem was not related to URLClassLoader. URLClassLoader only opened
the problem.
First of all I should note thate FileLockInterruptionExceptionTest wasn't
failed in separate run.
This failure was only in run of all tests.
When we read from InputStream with "read" method the only way to understand
that we got EOF is getting "-1" as return value for "read".
"hyfile_read" set "the last hyerror value" when some IO falure occures.
But "hyfile_read" doesn't clean "the last hyerror value" after succesfull IO
And return value of "hyfile_read" is "-1" both for failed IO operation and
getting OEF.
Some test with errors was run before FileLockInterruptionExceptionTest.
And then we tried to read FileLockInterruptionExceptionTest.class file.
read it. and got "-1" for OEF but this "-1" was treated as errors, because
"the last hyerror value" was not empty.

And it is an example to "even number of bugs" theory. :)

On 5/31/07, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are investigating the situation and hope to get a fix in couple of
> hours...
> > Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > > Yep, it fails on my side too... Strange...
> > >
> > > I can not simply revert it too. I'll try to fix the issue or revert
> the
> > > patch.
> >
> > If you can't fix it easily then I suggest you roll back both patches for
> > now.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tim

Best regards,
Sergey Kuksenko.
Intel Enterprise Solutions Software Division.