harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general][qa] Tried to use harmony on a small in-house project; issues follow
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 07:02:25 GMT

On 21 May 2007 at 16:20, "Alex Grigorovich" <alex.grigorovich@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I thought you may be interested: here's a recollection of problems I
> have encountered while trying to use Harmony for a small project at
> work.

Yes.  We are definitely interested.  This is very useful feedback. I'll
comment on the one issue Alexey didn't cover.

> Second, our java.nio-based network code which works on Sun's JVM
> throws a SockectExcepion on innocent-looking code:
> java.net.SocketException
>         at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.select(OSNetworkS
> ystem.java:312)
>         at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.SelectorImpl.selectInternal(Select
> orImpl.java)
>         at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.SelectorImpl.select(SelectorImpl.j
> ava:167)
>         at com.shamrock.smf.niosmpp.net.SelectorHandler.run(SelectorHandler.j
> ava:156)

I think the most likely cause of these exceptions is the issue that is
being dealt with in:

There is a suggested fix, but I'm not sure it's quite the right one so
it might take a little longer before we resolve it.

Regards,
-Mark.