harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][vmi] getZipCachePool() in VMI exposes internal VM structures.
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 07:51:59 GMT

Resurrecting this old thread...

I'd like to move forward with this issue.  Since it is a VM interface
change, it is a little tricky to move forward since we'd need support
in the VMs but I think that it is important that we make progress
in cleaning up the VM interface to remove exposure of internal data
structures.  (There are other instances of this already, hy.no.thr, that
I'll raise in a separate thread[no pun intended].)

Ron has helpfully attached a patch to the JIRA:

that makes use of the new api an option, so I'd be willing to commit it
now.  However, I'd really like to hear from others (particularly those
working on drlvm) before moving forward with this.

Regards,
 Mark.