harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JVM args
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 01:51:29 GMT
On the 0x2E0 day of Apache Harmony Shrinivas Joshi wrote:
> Hi Egor,
>
> Thanks much for the info. I think I should have been clearer about my
> question. I had managed to look at these options but it was not clear
> about how to use them.
>
> e.g.
>
> -Xjit <JIT options> //Couldn't find out the possible values of <JIT
> options>

Unfortunately, this one is outdated. All options to JIT are passed
through the PMF ([1]). It is not a very easy reading, but the tool is
rather powerful.

BTW, there is a comprehensive list of examples in [2] that covers some
basic JIT tricks as well.

used as -XX:jit.blablabla now

> --Xgc:<gc options> //Couldn't find out possible values of <gc options>

Now as -XX:gc.blablabla, if I am not mistaken.. See [2].

> -Xem:<em options> //Couldn't find out possible values of <em options>

This one is used as:
-Xem:jet
-Xem:opt
-Xem:client
-Xem:server

The option just tells to take configuration from jet.emconf,
opt.emconf, etc. located in <jdk>/jre/bin/default/. You can add more
options directly into these configuration files. client.emconf is used
by default.

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/JIT_PMF.html

[2] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/DrlvmCommandLineOptions

--