harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yang Paulex" <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [snapshot] Missing debug info in class files
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 16:55:43 GMT

> Andrew Zhang wrote:
> >>
> >> When we build in release mode, the properties.xml file sets up javac to
> >> strip the debug info from .class files (line numbers, vars,
> etc).  While
> >> this may be argued for a JRE, it is clearly not useful for the JDK or
> >> HDK builds.  We only save some JAR file space, so I suggest we disable
> >> this 'feature' and always include debug info in class files.
> >>
> >> Anyone agree/disagree?
> >

> > I agree to include debug info in JDK/HDK. It helps a lot for fixing
> bugs.
>
> I've been testing with the r533200 build and it seems good.  I think
> this oversight warrants a rebuild, of course it should not have any
> functional change but will make the JDK and HDK useful!

Seems there's an issue of r533200(i.e. the M1 download) for windows,
kernel.jar is not included in the bootclasspath, so that the compiler
complain java.lang.Object cannot be resolved in Eclipse, anyone saw this
issue?

I'll hack the script to always include debug info -- we can take it out

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development laboratory