harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yang Paulex" <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][compatibility]sun.misc.Unsafe.unpark(Thread) or unpark(Object)?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 05:12:55 GMT
Hi, all

I just found by accident that Harmony's sun.misc.Unsafe in suncompat.jar is,
actually, not so compatible.

According to javap result, in RI 5.0, the sun.misc.Unsafe has 90+ public
methods, while Harmony's sun.misc.Unsafe only has about 15 public methods, I
suppose I missed some point here, e.g., the 15+ methods are all we need so
far. But still, anyone familar with concurrent implementation can help to
give me more idea?

IMO the more significant issue is, RI's Unsafe has a method named as
unpark(Object), but the Harmony version is unpark(Thread), which may cause
Harmony's binary concurrent.jar cannot work in RI compatible VM/kernel
classes. Is it just a typo or some reason I missed to have a different
method signature?

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development laboratory