harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yang Paulex" <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] JFYI: Dave Gilbert (jfree.org) on Apache Harmony
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:24:38 GMT

> Yeah, let's start a branch.

So let's heads up a little into a little details :), currently in  Harmony
svn enhanced directory[1], we have classlib/drlvm/jdktools/others in
separated directories, and every directories has a subdirectory trunk, the
problem now is, do we branch whole enhanced directory[1], or create a branch
for every modules? I prefer the latter one a little, because: 1. not every
module needs(or wants) branch; 2. it's convenient for guys only working on
one area to maintain, for example, it's easier to a classlib contributor to
follow all classlib changes. I guess that's why the current directory
structure looks like.

If so, another issue is how to deal with the federate build directory[2],
which aims at combining all modules as a whole HDK, depending on its
build.xml to "svn switch" subdirectory to relevant modules. Now I suggest we
either create a enhanced/branch/java6 for federate build, or update the
build.xml so that some options can be used to specify which branch the
federate build will use.

Ideas?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/trunk