harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject [ia64] JIT & GC regressed
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:52:23 GMT
Folks,
While ia64 (aka IPF) development is suspended at this moment, I think
we should strive keeping this port alive. It was functional when I
tried it last mid-week, but did not even build today.
I've fixed broken Jitrino compilation, but still could run only
interpreter with manual switch to gc_cc. So we have the following
issues:
1) Jitrino silently dies after successfully compiling a few dozens of
methods during bootstrap - need closer investigation;
2) gc_gen is not ported to IPF yet - do we have plans/resources to do
it in some near future? Otherwise we better ifdef the default GC to
older one.
3) No CC is running on IPF and regressions are caught too late. Even
simple HWA would do, and I volunteer to compose x-lists for VM and
classlib tests if someone set up a CC.

--
Alexey