harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linux libstdc++.so.5 dependency
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:12:46 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> There's a comment about this in the classlib README, that I just
> found. It seems this is a dependency from the ICU 3.4 libraries.
> There's been off an on talk about upgrading to the latest ICU release.
> Maybe it has upgraded its dependencies.

I think this dependency doesn't come inherently from the 3.4 version of
ICU. It comes from the host which was used to compile ICU binaries.
Apparently it had libstdc++.so.5 as default stdc++ library. If ICU was
compiled on a more modern distribution, it would depend on version 6.

To get rid of this dependency ICU could be linked with libstdc++ statically.

--
Gregory