harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Harmony+Eclipse and Scrapbook Pages
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:41:10 GMT
Wayne Beaton wrote:
> Greetings folks. I've been testing Harmony (April 18) with Eclipse 3.2.2.
> Almost everything I've tried seems to just work (including the Eclipse
> platform UI test suite). I finally managed to run into a problem with
> Scrapbook pages. When I try to evaluate anything on a scrapbook page, I get
> this message "Evaluation failed: internal error - unable to obtain an
> execution context." There's nothing in the log.

I haven't seen such message. Does it come from eclipse sources or from
one of the system classes?

> Has this problem been encountered yet? I didn't see any discussion of it in
> the mailing list archives or in JIRA. I did start to try and sort out the
> problem (I assume that it has something to do with the communication between
> JVMs), but debugging Eclipse in Harmony is pretty slow and after a couple of
> crashes, I decided I'd see if anybody else had a track on this problem
> before I spend any more cycles trying to sort it out.
>
> FWIW, I've been testing Eclipse 3.2.2 and Web Tools 1.5.2 deploying against
> Tomcat 5.5.9, all of it running quite flawlessly on Harmony. That is, until
> I try and debug. I assume that the performance degradation of debug mode is
> known and will be addressed at some point. Let me know if I am in error and
> should dig into the cause of this.

The problem about slow down is know. Debugging is possible only in
non-optimized JIT mode and threading code has to always use slow paths
in order to keep all information about monitors and thread states.

--
Gregory