harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Maksim Ananjev" <maksim.anan...@gmail.com>
Subject [drvm][jit] ABCD does not eliminate upper bound check
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:39:50 GMT
Hi!

I tried to apply new ABCD optimization path to the following code:

int[] array = new int[10];
int l = array.length;
for(int i =0; i<l; i++)
{
       array[i] = i;
}

However the bounds check on the assignment inside the loop was not eliminated.

I used the patches from here:

I unzipped files in vm.zip and added them in
jitrino/src/optimizer/abcd/ folder. Then I applied
abcd_update_1_full.patch. Then I added "classic_abcd" to opt.emconf

But according to log file upper bound check cannot be proved
redundant. That's strange because this case looks rather obvious.

May be I did something wrong in applying the patch? Or ABCD really
cannot deal with such case?

--
Maksim