harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] new test in tests.api.java.net.SocketTest failed on my Windows XP sp2
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:43:55 GMT
 Personally I prefer Support_PortManager. As a tool, it can rescue us from
choosing specific port to use. Despite of its defect, I believe it is
possible to innovate it to fullfill our demand. From my experience, it works
well on windows but has some problem on linux.

Furthermore, if we would like to use a specific port but not predefined at
compile time, as the case of Ruth, maybe we can adopt a method of ad-hoc,
that is to try a specific port, if it is occupied, try another till it
works.

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM