harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kleymenov" <kleyme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest] Proposal for Build Test Infrastructure Improvement
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:27:19 GMT
Stepan,

On 4/19/07, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do we have suites with set of dependencies other then the following:
> 1) classlib - no dependencies
> 2) drlvm - depends on classlib only
> 3) all other suites - depends on classlib and drlvm
>
> If no then ant code that manages dependencies between suites looks
> redundant for me.

There can be a HDK building test suite, so all of the suites depending
on drlvm will depend and on this test suite. And there can appear
another dependencies between the suites.

The test-suite dependency managing is a simple and quite natural way to
define the relationships between the suites. The information on such a
relationships is very useful during the test run setup and execution
stages. The resolution of default values for required parameters is
dependent on this information, the order in which the selected test
suites will be run (for single and CC run) is determined by means of
this information, CC related functionality uses dependency info to
retrieve SVN modifications lead to test-suite execution.

So test-suite dependency management is an important architectural part
of the proposed BTI. It can't be simply removed from the system. Can you
suggest substitution for it?

Alexander