harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]complete java 6 api(Agreement and call for volunteers)
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 06:29:52 GMT
2007/4/18, Tony Wu <wuyuehao@gmail.com>:
> Thanks Stepan and all the people who helped to boost, now we have a
> branch for java 6 classlib.
>
> Before we start to complete the new feature, I think we should have an
> agreement addition to Good issue resolution guideline[1].
>
> I just draft 2 points here in order to use the little to get the big.
>
> 1. The suggested pattern of JIRA Summary is
> [java6][classlib][$module]blabla.. so that it is easy for committers
> to know where the patch should be applied.
It looks like we do not have "[component][module]" requirement in
Harmony guidelines at all. But it would be nice to have :)

> 2. Make your patch as small as possible so that it won't take much
> time to understand.
This can be applied to ALL the patches and it also would be nice if
ALL the patches will have patch descriptions :)

> I'll start with io and nio_char module. I have created a page on
> harmony wiki [2] to record the work. any volunteer on other modules?
We still got ~3% of unimplemented API in AWT/Swing area for Java5. Not
very important API but... :)
So we will need to synchronize our AWT/Swing development with Java6 branch.

BTW here is japitool comparison between Java6 and Harmony [1]. We have
89.25% success rate. The main development areas (new packages) are
org.xml, javax.ws, javax.util, javax.script, javax.lang,
javax.activation, javax.annotation.

So there are a lot of places to work on :)

SY, Alexey