harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Managing dependencies: Antlib for Maven 2.0, Ivy or Ant only (i.e. Harmony specific way)?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 07:26:38 GMT
I'm using Maven in Yoko project... And I likes Ant more :) It looks
more clear to me how Ant works.
Probably the only reason for this is much larger experience with ant...

Speaking about Harmony dependencies...
One of the advantages of the current scheme is flexibility: we can
download a dependency from anywhere, unpack it or use as is...
With Maven we will be limited by Maven repositories. As far as I
know... And moving a project to a new build system is also a big pane.

So I vote for staying with Ant.

SY, Alexey