harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem about System.loadLibrary and object's address
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 12:28:44 GMT
BTW in JIT we have escape analysis optimization and if JIT can prove that an
object is not escaped from a method it can replace the object with a set of
local variables. Note that with aggressive inlining and profile guided
devirtualization the scope for this optimization is wider than the scope of
an original Java method.
JIT can scalarize an object even if the object is escaped. In this case
object is created and initialized right before the place it escapes.

An additional JIT-GC interface with manual 'free' method call for an object
can be used as a separate feature on execution paths that are not hot enough
to use scalarizaton on them.

--
Mikhail Fursov