harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] DRLVM default GC was switched from GCv4.1 to GCv5
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:46:00 GMT
On 4/24/07, Sergey Kuksenko <sergey.kuksenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Actually there is a JIRA for this submitted by Yunan He. Mikhail has a
> > quick patch submitted as well, but then we think it might not be very
> > urgent at the moment since he needs more time to have a good solution
> > for both 32 and 64 bit platforms. I personally think Mikhail can take
> > more time for this issue.
>
> But, without it we can't run DRLVM in server mode.
> (yes, we can with manual config manupulation, but it is bad and will
> confuse
> others who don't know such details and want to run Harmony DRLVM in sever
> mode).
>
> Standardizing names for all VM helpers is a good idea.
There are some problems that must be solved before.
One of the problems is: a conflict between multiple Java implementations of
a helper. Only one of the implementations must be added to bootstrap
classpath. Today all of the implementations (both gc_gen and gc_cc jars) are
in bootstrap. So we need an interface to allow adding custom item into
bootstrap classpath. After we have it GC can use this API to add its own
helpers and helpers from different GC can share the same name.

--
Mikhail Fursov