harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] DRLVM default GC was switched from GCv4.1 to GCv5
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:35:09 GMT

> On 4/24/07, Sergey Kuksenko <sergey.kuksenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > *Hi Xiao-Feng Li,*
> >
> > Great!
> > But you forget about one thing - server mode.
> > Currently server.enconf contains gc_cc dependency.
> > If we turn on gc_gen as default we should change server.emconfrespectively.
> > Mikhail Fursov promise fixing server.emconf in svn tomorrow (after
> > checking).
> > But in case of switching back we should not forget about backing emconf
> too.
>
> Actually there is a JIRA for this submitted by Yunan He. Mikhail has a
> quick patch submitted as well, but then we think it might not be very
> urgent at the moment since he needs more time to have a good solution
> for both 32 and 64 bit platforms. I personally think Mikhail can take
> more time for this issue.

Yes, I remember this JIRA. I didn't check default server.emconf, because it
has another one attached. Actually the problem described in that JIRA has
gone after http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3721 is fixed.
Anyway I will provide a patch with fixed and tested server.emconf tomorrow.

> Also I suppose that it is possible to have unified server.emconf between
> > different gc versions,
> > so I created JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3745 in
> > order to initiate a discussion.
> > Let's do it in separate thread.
>
> Yes, actually Mikhail Fursov had proposed that before. Thanks to bring
> it into JIRA.

That was Sergey who asked me about this feature before :)

--
Mikhail Fursov