harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][vm] New method in VM-JIT interface (was: [drlvm][jit]...)
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 05:07:07 GMT

> Mikhail,
>    I have no problem with the ones you updated, but some questions...
>
> Is VM_RT_WRITE_BARRIER_FASTCALL in use?

This helper is dead code  today. AFAIR gcv5 uses VM_RT_GC_HEAP_WRITE_REF
today.

And are the monitor enter/exit functions all interruptible?

I think monenter is must be. Thread can stall for a long period of time on
monenter. And I do not know if monexit is. At least it can throw
IllegalState-like exception in theory.

--
Mikhail Fursov