harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jitrino][profile]how to use EdgeProfiler
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:23:08 GMT
On 4/3/07, Mikhail Fursov <mike.fursov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> On 4/3/07, Estelle Liu <lyy1105@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Do you mean that profile is changing when you access it from
> > > > compilation?
> > > > Yes, this is a normal situation.
> > >
> > >
> > Hi,Mikhail,
> >
> > I set them both 1000, with the same configuration and run HelloWorld as
> > before.The right result can be printed out but with extra error dialogļ¼š
> > " Java.exe application errors,"0x018b81e0"instruction refers
> > "0x00000010"
> > but it can't be read. "
>
>
> I think I can reproduce this bug. If put server.emconf file into another
> directory and use -Xem:<full_path_to_file> cmd line option VM fails. I will
> try to fix it today.
>

Estelle,
The failure I described above is my fault: I used 64bit version of
server.emconf and there is no surprise that VM failed.
After valid server.emconf is used with counters set to 1000 (like your
example) "Hello world" application passed.
I use P4 1 CPU 2HT PC, Windows 2003.
Here is cmd-line and output:

C:\users\mfursov\tests\hello>C:\users\mfursov\harmony_build\drlvm\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\deploy\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe
-Xem:C:/users/mfursov/tests/hello/server.emconf -verbose:em.SD2_OPT Hello
EM: recompile start:[SD2_OPT n=1] java/lang/Object::<init>()V
EM: recompile done:[SD2_OPT n=1: OK] java/lang/Object::<init>()V
EM: recompile start:[SD2_OPT n=2] java/lang/String::hashCode()I
EM: recompile done:[SD2_OPT n=2: OK] java/lang/String::hashCode()I
EM: recompile start:[SD2_OPT n=3]
java/lang/String::regionMatches(ILjava/lang/String;II)Z
EM: recompile done:[SD2_OPT n=3: OK]
java/lang/String::regionMatches(ILjava/lang/String;II)Z
EM: recompile start:[SD2_OPT n=4] java/lang/String::charAt(I)C
EM: recompile done:[SD2_OPT n=4: OK] java/lang/String::charAt(I)C
EM: recompile start:[SD2_OPT n=5] java/lang/String::indexOf(II)I
EM: recompile done:[SD2_OPT n=5: OK] java/lang/String::indexOf(II)I
EM: recompile start:[SD2_OPT n=6]
java/util/jar/InitManifest::nextChunk(Ljava/io/InputStream;Ljava/util/List;)[B
EM: recompile done:[SD2_OPT n=6: OK]
java/util/jar/InitManifest::nextChunk(Ljava/io/InputStream;Ljava/util/List;)[B
EM: recompile start:[SD2_OPT n=7] java/io/ByteArrayOutputStream::write(I)V
EM: recompile done:[SD2_OPT n=7: OK]
java/io/ByteArrayOutputStream::write(I)V
EM: recompile start:[SD2_OPT n=8]
org/apache/harmony/luni/util/Util::convertUTF8WithBuf([B[CII)Ljava/lang/String;
PASSED!
EM: recompile done:[SD2_OPT n=8: OK]
org/apache/harmony/luni/util/Util::convertUTF8WithBuf([B[CII)Ljava/lang/String;



If you still have the problem, I suggest opening new JIRA issue and
attaching all configuration files you use.


-- 
Mikhail Fursov

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message