harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Neelakantam <neela...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: [build] need help building harmony on windows
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:17:11 GMT

On Apr 26, 2007, at 10:20 PM, Nathan Beyer wrote:

> On 4/26/07, Naveen Neelakantam <neelakan@uiuc.edu> wrote:

>> > I assume you've checked that jitrino.dll actually exists in this
>> > directory. Now it is possible that it cannot load some dependency
>> > DLLs. There is a depends.exe command in MSVC where you can open DLL
>> > and try to see which DLLs linked with jitrino.dll it cannot find.
>>
>> I ran depends.exe on jitrino.dll and it says that it cannot find
>> icuu34.dll and dwmapi.dll.  How do I get these dll's?
>
> By default, depends.exe won't be looking at the all of the appropriate
> folders, so it will seem like many DLLs are missing. You'll need to
> include both "jre/bin" and "jre/bin/default" in the module load path
> to properly simulate what the launcher sets up.

After setting up the path, depends.exe lists that only dwmapi.dll is
missing.  However, it is listed as a delay-load dependency, so I'm
not sure that is a real problem.

Also shlwapi.dll is missing export function #467, and shlwapi is
listed as a forwarded dependence of urlmon.dll (which is a delay-load
dependence).  Again, I'm not sure that is a real problem.

So, you all have taught me some useful tricks, but I still have no
idea why this isn't working...

One thing I noticed is that when the launcher complains about not
being able to open JIT dll, it lists the following pathname:
D:\neelakan\trunk\working_vm\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\deploy\jdk\jre
\bin/default/\jitrino.dll

Are those "\"'s possibly causing the problem?  I tried doing a "dir"
on that pathname and I got a "Parameter format not correct -
"default"." message.

Naveen