harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ia64] JIT & GC regressed
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:25:09 GMT
On 4/24/07, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
> While ia64 (aka IPF) development is suspended at this moment, I think
> we should strive keeping this port alive. It was functional when I
> tried it last mid-week, but did not even build today.
> I've fixed broken Jitrino compilation, but still could run only
> interpreter with manual switch to gc_cc. So we have the following
> issues:
> 1) Jitrino silently dies after successfully compiling a few dozens of
> methods during bootstrap - need closer investigation;
> 2) gc_gen is not ported to IPF yet - do we have plans/resources to do
> it in some near future? Otherwise we better ifdef the default GC to
> older one.

I assume it's trivial to make GCv5 work in IPF since it's running on
EM64T very well. I don't see real difference there from GC's POV.
Sorry I was just not aware of this IPF requirement before.
Would you let me know the environment you are using? Windows or Linux?

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com