harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] DRLVM default GC was switched from GCv4.1 to GCv5
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:27:44 GMT
On 4/24/07, Sergey Kuksenko <sergey.kuksenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hi Xiao-Feng Li,*
>
> Great!
> But you forget about one thing - server mode.
> Currently server.enconf contains gc_cc dependency.
> If we turn on gc_gen as default we should change server.emconf respectively.
> Mikhail Fursov promise fixing server.emconf in svn tomorrow (after
> checking).
> But in case of switching back we should not forget about backing emconf too.

Actually there is a JIRA for this submitted by Yunan He. Mikhail has a
quick patch submitted as well, but then we think it might not be very
urgent at the moment since he needs more time to have a good solution
for both 32 and 64 bit platforms. I personally think Mikhail can take
more time for this issue.

> Also I suppose that it is possible to have unified server.emconf between
> different gc versions,
> so I created JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3745 in
> order to initiate a discussion.
> Let's do it in separate thread.

Yes, actually Mikhail Fursov had proposed that before. Thanks to bring
it into JIRA.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--