harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Reminder: stable build goal at end of month
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2007 14:59:02 GMT
> From: Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng.li@gmail.com>
> Date: Apr 21, 2007 12:08 PM
> Subject: Re: [general] Reminder: stable build goal at end of month
> To: dev@harmony.apache.org
>

> Do we want to switch tomorrow or on Monday for a one-week trial? The
> test results last night showed GCv5 has reasonable stability now. Many
> thanks to Vladimir A Ivanov for the testing infrastructure.
>
> From the testing logs at http://www.harmonytest.org/upload/cc2.html,
> we can see there are only a couple of test case failures in all the
> platforms with all the execution modes. Some of the failures are
> occasional actually, especially those with finalizer.
>
> Below is a summary of the testing status:
> Linux 32bit: all passed.
> Linux 64bit: only one case failure: gc.RunFinalizersOnExitTest (interpreter)
> Windows 32bit: only one case failure: exception.FinalizeStackTest (opt/srv)
> Windows 64bit: more test failures. Some are abnormal that we didn't met before.

Folks, I did the switch minutes ago. Let's see how it goes. We'd
expect some regressions, especially for those tests not run with GCv5
before. Helps to resolve the regressions would be greatly appreciated,
so as to bring Harmony an advanced stop-the-world GC.

I had a quick examination over the failures. I found some of the
finalizer failures are actually related to VM shutdown issue. And I
found the reg.test timeout failures in Win64 can't be reproduced if I
ran them individually with java.exe command line. The timeout happens
when I ran them in build.bat. I tried with gcv4.1, it has the same
issue. So I assume I can ignore those failures at the moment. I will
continue to check the remaining finalizer failures.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com