harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Reminder: stable build goal at end of month
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 02:38:24 GMT
> Do you think we should switch before "end of month"?

Yes, that's my suggestion.

> It's certainly a risk, but what is the value in the switch?

The risk is minimal since GCv5 is rather stable, and to the least we
have command line option to switch back; but the value is substantial
since people can have an advanced, scalable, modular, flexible, high
performance GC, which I think both runtime researchers and users would
like to try, based on my interactions with Harmony users.

To demo Harmony, GC is one component that we'd like to have a good
story to tell. GCv5 can tell a good story since it has subsumed almore
all the recent advances in GC area (for stop-the-world GC), and has a
variable of innovations. Importantly, GCv5 can differentiate
multi-core platforms with its scalable parallelisms. :-)

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com