harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Reminder: stable build goal at end of month
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:18:26 GMT
GCv5 might be one "major" that we want to put as default GC in DRLVM.
It still has some issues pending, but overall I think the stability is
good enough for a switch next week.

Since GC is designed with good modularity, we can simply choose which
GC implementation to use in command line with
'-XX:vm.dlls=the_gc_module.dll(so)". This is neat that helps the
switch a lot: If GCv5 has some problem running a workload, we can
specify -XX:vm.dlls=gc_cc.dll in command line.

So far the known bugs in GCv5 are not with some workloads, but related
with certain test cases for finalizer and VM threading. And I think
they are going to be resolved before next week.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com