harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Reminder: stable build goal at end of month
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:04:44 GMT
It is just my statistics:

WinXP, ia32:
Classlib tests: passed
DRLVM tests (int+jet+jit+opt modes): list of failed tests:
  java.lang.reflect.Ctor5Test;
  java.lang.reflect.Field5Test;
  java.lang.reflect.Method5Test;
  java.lang.ThreadTest;
  org.apache.harmony.lang.annotation.AllTypesTest

Linux, ia32:
Classlib tests: java.awt.font.LineBreakMeasurerTest failed
DRLVM tests (int+jet+jit+opt modes): list of failed tests:
  java.lang.ThrowableTest – hang (int mode)
  java.lang.reflect.Ctor5Test;
  java.lang.reflect.Field5Test;
  java.lang.reflect.Method5Test;
  java.lang.ThreadTest;
  org.apache.harmony.lang.annotation.AllTypesTest

Linux, em64t:
Classlib tests: list of failed tests
  java.awt.CanvasRTest – hang
  javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUITest - hang
  javax.swing.JSliderTest
  javax.swing.JTableRTest
  javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicFileChooserUITest
  javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicFormattedTextFieldUITest
  javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicIconFactoryTest

DRLVM tests (int+jet+jit+opt modes): list of failed tests:
  java.lang.reflect.Ctor5Test;
  java.lang.reflect.Field5Test;
  java.lang.reflect.Method5Test;
  java.lang.ThreadTest;
  org.apache.harmony.lang.annotation.AllTypesTest
and
  All JVMTI tests using interpreter
-------------
SIGSEGV in VM code.
Stack trace:
  0: jthread_monitor_enter
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/thread/src/thread_java_monitors.c:145)
  1: vm_monitor_enter_default
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/thread/mon_enter_exit.cpp:115)
  2: vm_monitor_enter_wrapper(ManagedObject*)
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/interpreter/interp_imports.cpp:30)
  3: Opcode_MONITORENTER(StackFrame&)
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/interpreter/src/interpreter.cpp:2277)
  4: org/apache/harmony/fortress/security/SecurityUtils.putContext(Ljava/lang/Thread;Ljava/security/AccessControlContext;)V
(SecurityUtils.java:76)
  5: interpreterInvokeStatic
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/interpreter/src/interpreter.cpp:3318)
  6: Opcode_INVOKESTATIC(StackFrame&)
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/interpreter/src/interpreter.cpp:2105)
  7: java/lang/Thread.<init>(Ljava/lang/ThreadGroup;Ljava/lang/String;JJIZ)V
(Thread.java:253)
  8: interpreter_execute_method(Method*, jvalue*, jvalue*)
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/interpreter/src/interpreter.cpp:3211)
  9: JIT_execute_method
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/interpreter/src/interp_exports.cpp:167)
 10: DrlEMImpl::executeMethod(_jmethodID*, jvalue*, jvalue*)
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/em/src/DrlEMImpl.cpp:510)
 11: ExecuteMethod
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/em/src/em_intf.cpp:44)
 12: vm_execute_java_method_array(_jmethodID*, jvalue*, jvalue*)
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/jit/ini.cpp:56)
 13: vm_create_jthread
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/init/vm_init.cpp:560)
 14: vm_attach_internal(JNIEnv_External**, _jobject**,
JavaVM_External*, _jobject*, char*, unsigned char)
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/init/vm_init.cpp:601)
 15: attach_current_thread
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/jni/jni.cpp:1519)
 16: AttachCurrentThreadAsDaemon(JavaVM_External*, void**, void*)
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/jni/jni.cpp:1548)
 17: finalizer_thread_func
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/init/finalizer_thread.cpp:204)
 18: thread_start_proc
(/export/cruise/trunk/cc/projects/drlvm/trunk/vm/thread/src/thread_native_basic.c:716)
 19: start_thread (??:-1)
<end of stack trace>
-------------

 thanks, Vladimir

On 4/18/07, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that we make GCv5 default a week before the milestone since it
> gives us some benefits.
> And if we discover any stability or other issues we always can switch
> it back before the milestone.
>
> SY, Alexey
>
> 2007/4/18, Rana Dasgupta <rdasgupt@gmail.com>:
> > In addition to specs and eclipse, there are the tests that come with
> > "build test". Are there any more tests we are worried about?
> >
> > I understand the risk of switching before an event, but we will have
> > to do it at some point. Not much point in writing it and then not
> > using it. Doing it still gives us a few weeks before Java One to see
> > if there are problems. How about running it as default for a week
> > before we decide?
> >

> > On 4/17/07, Mikhail Fursov <mike.fursov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > It's quite risky to switch right before the show.
> > > Xiao-Feng, what workloads you tried with gcv5 except specs and eclipse?
> > >
> > > +
> > > I'm working on "lazy resolution" task in both JITs now and going to  submit
> > > the patch this week for
> > > review. I think its commit  should be delayed for a few weeks until
> > > JavaOne is finished.

I think

at the