harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] Some smoke tests started to hang this week on linux x86
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:47:51 GMT
OK, today I run smoke test gc.SynchronizedFinilazersTest on SUSE 9
Linux x86_64 in cycle.
I found:
- on current DRLVM this test hang on 13 iteration;
- on r522000 test passed for 100 iteration;
- on r522100 test hang on 53 iteration.

The differences between 522100 and 522000 are:
U    vm/include/open/hythread_ext.h
U    vm/interpreter/src/interpreter.cpp
U    vm/thread/src/thread_java_monitors.c
U    vm/thread/src/hythr.exp
U    vm/thread/src/hythr.def
U    vm/thread/src/thread_native_fat_monitor.c
U    vm/thread/src/thread_native_basic.c
U    vm/thread/src/thread_ti_monitors.c
U    vm/thread/src/thread_native_tls.c
U    vm/thread/src/thread_private.h
U    vm/thread/src/thread_java_basic.c
U    vm/thread/src/thread_native_suspend.c
U    vm/thread/src/thread_init.c
U    vm/vmcore/src/thread/thread_manager.cpp
U    vm/vmcore/src/jvmti/jvmti_pop_frame.cpp
U    vm/vmcore/src/jvmti/jvmti_step.cpp
U    vm/vmcore/src/jvmti/jvmti_break.cpp
U    vm/jitrino/src/jet/compiler.cpp
U    vm/jitrino/src/vm/drl/DrlVMInterface.cpp

Now I run this test on r522000 for 3000 iteration (400 already
passed). If it passed I'll try to narrow the guilty changes.

 thanks, Vladimir

> The test gc.SynchronizedFinilazersTest still hangs up on SUSE 9 Linux x86_64.
> OK, I'll exclude it locally.
>
>  thanks, Vladimir
>

> On 3/30/07, Pavel Rebriy <pavel.rebriy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I had a similar problem with WinX64 (see "[drlvm][stability][winx64]
> > finalization tests irregular failure" branch for details).
> > I had a problem with HARMONY-3485 commit. I rolled back it, and it was
> > successful for tests passing :)
> > I could solve the problem with smoke tests.

> > > It looks like the gc.PhantomReferenceQueueTest hangs at the shutdown stage
> > > as well: it prints PASSED and then hangs with the same stack traces.
> > > gc.SynchronizedFinilazersTest (
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3517) shows up another stack
> > > traces.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure that the cause is the same for both issues. I'm only almost
> > > sure that we have these troubles since last weekend.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Elena
> > >
> > > Thanks,

> > > Linux