harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [snapshot] Freezing the code for Milestone build?
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 04:22:39 GMT
On 4/27/07, Mark Hindess wrote:
<SNIP>
> > > Agreed, and thanks for volunteering.
> > > Can you do Linux candidates for both c++ library versions?
> > >

> > Just to be sure that I do this in correct way. Currently I'm checking
> > which libraries installed on machines I use for building. Some of them
> > have libstdc++5 and some have both.
> >
> > What is correct way to check that a required library for building is
> > used?
>
> The easiest way is just to check the resulting .so files in
> deploy/jdk/jre/bin with ldd.  I thought that the main issue was with the
> icu libraries compiled against libstdc++5 that are in svn.
>
> Earlier this week I checked in versions that use libstdc++.so.6 and
> added an ant flag (-Duse.libstdc++6=true) to use them on the x86 builds.

Yes, I saw your commit.

> Thinking about this some more though... we'll have a problem trying to
> build with libstdc++.so.5 because although the libicu* files might use
> libstdc++.so.5 your compiler might default to libstdc++.so.6 for the
> awt native builds.  Mine certainly does and I don't know a quick way to
> avoid this.

Thanks for the reminding about awt libraries - I forgot about them. My
understanding that we can configure compiler to use required library
via LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Say
$export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mydir:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$ls -l /mydir
libstdc++.so -> required lib
libstdc++.a -> required archive

I think also it might be necessary to build awt libraries (jpeg, lcms
and png) with required libstdc++.so and place them to
classlib/depends/libs/build dir.

-Stepan.