harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject [build-and-test] Update: plan for improving of the new testing infra before switching to it.
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:25:43 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to give an update about current status of buildtest infra.
Currently we have the proposal [1] for the infra improvement, its
implementation [2] and several testing suites that use the proposed
approach. I think that the proposed infra is not quite ready to do the
switch - I've reviewed the implementation and tried 4 suites with it;
I've found several issues and I see some places where it can be
improved. And I believe that the issues should be resolved before
switching to the new testing infra.

To make further progress I think it makes sense to commit the
implementation from [2] to SVN as it is. And continue development and
bug fixing in SVN. This will make improvement process more
transparent, for example, currently there is tenth version of
'btinfra.zip' file and it is not possible to figure out what have
changed since its first version.

I'm not sure that a new branch should be created to check in the new
infra. I think it may be acceptable to create sub-directory in trunk,
say 'v2.0'. And continue the infra development and new suites
integration there. After we find that the new infra in a good shape we
can do the switch.

Opinions?

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200703.mbox/%3ce09a11790703262343m576dee90j5a59d52e14290274@mail.gmail.com%3e

Thanks,