harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Managing dependencies: Antlib for Maven 2.0, Ivy or Ant only (i.e. Harmony specific way)?
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:54:19 GMT
Current resolution:
A dependency framework that is based on ANT only was added to
build-and-test infra at r527838. The framework is result of merging
class library approach and newly proposed approach from [1] with some
modifications.
The current implementation is aimed:
-provide unified approach for downloading and storing external resources
-be simple and clear
-use only ANT tasks/types (i.e. get rid of using antcontrib)

Definitely it will be improved. So any suggestions, ideas, help in
testing, criticism are highly appreciated.

Here are some brief details about the current implementation:
each external resource is described in 'parameters.xml' file by the
set of properties:
parameters.external.<resorce_name>.<resource_property> (that was
suggested in [1]). The framework iterates over property set
(parameters.external.*.file). I wasn't able to find "standard way" to
make ANT to iterate over propertyset so I've implemented the first
approach that work for me but I assume there might be more elegant
solution. So it checks if the resource was downloaded or not. If it is
absent it is downloaded to depend/<resource_dir> directory. If there
is md5 check specified the framework verifies it.

Thanks,
Stepan.