harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] JFYI: Dave Gilbert (jfree.org) on Apache Harmony
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 04:14:27 GMT
On 4/10/07, Yang Paulex wrote:
> 2007/4/10, Alexey Petrenko :
> >
> > Yeah, let's start a branch.
>

> So let's heads up a little into a little details :), currently in  Harmony
> svn enhanced directory[1], we have classlib/drlvm/jdktools/others in
> separated directories, and every directories has a subdirectory trunk, the
> problem now is, do we branch whole enhanced directory[1], or create a branch
> for every modules? I prefer the latter one a little, because: 1. not every
> module needs(or wants) branch; 2. it's convenient for guys only working on
> one area to maintain, for example, it's easier to a classlib contributor to
> follow all classlib changes. I guess that's why the current directory
> structure looks like.
>
> If so, another issue is how to deal with the federate build directory[2],
> which aims at combining all modules as a whole HDK, depending on its
> build.xml to "svn switch" subdirectory to relevant modules. Now I suggest we
> either create a enhanced/branch/java6 for federate build, or update the
> build.xml so that some options can be used to specify which branch the
> federate build will use.
>
> Ideas?

As far as I understood you proposal the first step may be to create
java6 branch for class library, update build.xml in federated build
and see how thing will work. This will make possible for people
contribute to 6.0 API development and learn how to work with SVN
branches. Correct?

Thanks,
Stepan.

--