harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] AXIS2 client-server scenario to integrate into new buildtest
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 05:31:34 GMT
On 4/2/07, Ilya Neverov wrote:
> > Have you run the test scenario with CC? Is there any issue with 8080 port?
>
> Yes, CC occupies port 8080 by default so I got failures at first time.
> I changed CC launcher arguments to
>      -webport 8010
>
> and it solved the problem. I think that 8080 is a popular number for
> default port among many applications so for testing purposes better is
> to change the port used by CC :)

I think that we should also try to set up another port for testing the
app. At least I see the  following reasons for this:
1) CC may run several testing scenarios in a queue, for example,
TomCat - Jetty - AXIS2. As far as I understand if all tested apps use
the same port (i.e. 8080) it is not guaranteed that OS release the
port before CC start executing the next scenario in the queue.
2) There may be app installed on machine that uses the port (8080) and
it may be undesirable to reconfigure it. So we should have opportunity
to set up a testing scenario to use any available port number.

Thanks,
Stepan.