harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "LvJimmy´╝îJing" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] new test in tests.api.java.net.SocketTest failed on my Windows XP sp2
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:28:13 GMT
2007/4/19, Andrew Zhang <zhanghuangzhu@gmail.com>:
> On 4/19/07, Ruth Cao <ruoshen.c@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Tim Ellison wrote:

> > > Please don't use the PortManager, just open port 0 and let the OS
> > > allocate a free port.  There are examples in the existing tests.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Tim
> > >

> > Yes, I agree that we should use port 0 in almost all the test cases.
> > However, it seems that this test case is a little bit special. It
> > requires to initialize a ServerSocket to connect 0.0.0.0 after
> > connecting localhost successfully.  If we use port 0 and 0.0.0.0 at the
> > same time, the ServerSocket constructed will be invalid.
>

> Sorry Ruth, what did you mean here? A server socket  will connect to
> somewhere?
>
> Could you please explain the scenario a bit more clearly?

I may explain you the interesting scenario :)
If we create a ServerSocket with localhost, port X (X is not zero),
close it,  and create another ServerSocket with 0.0.0.0,port X, this
process in RI is fine, but Harmony fails.
If we create a ServerSocket with localhost, port 0, close it,  and
create another ServerSocket with 0.0.0.0,port 0, this process both
fails on RI and Harmony when create the second ServerSocket.
You see these two process are not the same and so that we can not use
port 0 in the test.

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv