harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "LvJimmy´╝îJing" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] new test in tests.api.java.net.SocketTest failed on my Windows XP sp2
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 03:25:59 GMT
This method is good, but not perfect, for
1. getNextPortsForUDP get a free port by a mechanism "get and
release", but release the port may not be successful (e.g, in linux)
2. even it releases successfully, during the period between utility
method "release" and serversocket reuse it, there may be some other
program reuse the port, which cause the test fail again.
3. this may cost much more time to get a port.

The perfect solution for this is re-write the testcases, create
ServerSocket with port 0, and then get the local port for socket to
connect. However I guess it may cause a lot of affect.

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM