harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "LvJimmy,Jing" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRLVM]Do we have a easier way to build DRLVM?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:31:57 GMT
Hi,
    I'm trying to download DRLVM and build it on my desktop (windows
xp sp2,  try for regression test of the refactor for HARMONY-3591 as
we discussed on an earlier thread), but I  meet some problem:
    When I first download DRLVM trunk from svn, and enter "build.bat",
it ask for "../../working_classlib/make/properties.xml", but actually
Harmony classlib folder is named "classlib/trunk". So DRLVM need
classlib to build? However I rename my classlib folder name to work
around.
    After that I set my CXX, JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME path, and build
ask for external resource. I run "build update" to get external
resource, but failed when getting
"http://apache.reverse.net/pub/apache/apr/apr-iconv-1.1.1-win32-src.zip".
 I try again and again running "build update" but it fails because of
some network issues (HTTP 403 error), so I try to download that file
directly into the folder(with browser, it downloads fast) and then run
"build update", but the script delete that directory at once and try
to download the file again, and of course, it fails again.
    I try my best to work around, I nearly download all files in
http://apache.reverse.net/pub/apache/apr into the proper directory.
After that, I run build.bat, it asks for build update, I run build
update, it immediately delete the directory( and all files that I
download :( ) and try to download the files itself, but fails again.
This drives me mad. Up to now I still hang on build DRLVM. I doubt if
I can get that files through "build update" when network is OK (I
really doubt if it is network problem).
    So is there any easier, or, possible way to build DRLVM when we
meet such network problems( or, is there any guild what external
resources need to download)? And can we offer a better build script to
avoid classlib folder name problem? Thanks!

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM