harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "LvJimmy´╝îJing" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] JFYI: Dave Gilbert (jfree.org) on Apache Harmony
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 05:25:29 GMT
The article on the blog reads full of jealousy to me :P

2007/4/9, Leo Li <liyilei1979@gmail.com>:
> In my opinion, it is the time for us to catch up with Java 6 in order to
> attract our potential customers.
>
> As for branching, almost each apache project maintains branches and they all
> live well.:)
>
> And the patch convention, I agree with Paulex that :
> 1. If a patch can be applied on branch 5, apply it on branch 5.
> 2. If it cannot, there are two reasons, i think
>    (1) new features on Java 6: Just add it on branch 6.
>    (2) Conflicting specs or  RI' behaviors between Java 5 and Java 6 : We
> need to investigate them whether it is not an expected behavior in java 5 or
> just some implementation details. If it is,  modify branch 5. Or else just
> apply it on branch 6, which is regarded as an exception. And modify the
> testcases if necessary.

I guess so. The merge may not take too much affect, at least for new
classes/methods.
The most time-cost work to find the conflict(e.g, bug patches v.s. new
feature) and merge them into one.
However, we still have many people working together here who are
familiar with the Harmony codes, which make the work much easier,
right? :)

<SNIP>

> > > benchmarks

<SNIP>