harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "LvJimmy´╝îJing" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni]Delete DatagramSocket.isMulticastSocket?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 04:56:23 GMT
Hi All,

     I happen to meet a package private method of DatagramSocket(and
its child class MulticastSocket), named isMulticastSocket. I search in
the luni package but find no line refers to this method. And a simple
search in native code shows no native code refers to this method by
     I doubt we can still tell if a datagram socket is multi-cast
without this method, and what's more, the method currently seems no
use at all, and luni test passed without it.
     Do someone the use (or history) of the method? If no, I'd like
add a patch to delete it.

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM