harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Beliaev" <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][kernel] removing SecurityUtils from classlib
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:11:56 GMT
Hello,

Your comments are welcome on the points below - please take a look & comment
if you see the issues.

I'm fixing compliation warnings in DRLVM Kernel Classes (to increase the
overall visual quality of this component - 98 warnings seem to be quite a
lot). Please see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3694 for details...

Anyway, it turned out that both DRLVM & CLASSLIB have two same classes
defined - SecurityUtils & PolicyUtils. These classes are the same in
general, so looks like they worth being removed from one of locations.

PolicyUtils is used both in CLASSLIB & DRLVM. So I want to remove
PolicyUtils copy from DRLVM:
    - what I do not like here is that DRLVM Kernel Classes implementation
starts depending from CLASSLIB implementation (since CLASSLIB's PolicyUtils
is located in implementatioj package
org.apache.harmony.security.fortresspackage). Still the duplication
seems to be the worse case.

SecuirtyUtils is never used in CLASSLIB. So I want to remove its copy from
CLASSLIB. There are two points here:

1. DRLVM version is located in a bit different package:
org.apache.harmony.fortress.security. So I want to rename the package to one
used in CLASSLIB. The reason is that this package classes define the public
API which should be accessible from system classes only. The coresponding
settings controls this in java.security file.

2. DRLVM does not use error messages internationalization (like CLASSLIB
version does). The diff shows something like:
<[classlib]             throw new NullPointerException(Messages.getString("
security.140")); //$NON-NLS-1$
---
>[drlvm   ]             throw new NullPointerException("thread can not be
null");

I want to keep not internationalized version of SecurityUtils. The reason is
that such an itternationalization requires a use of CLASSLIB implementation
specific class - org.apache.harmony.security.internal.nls.Messages - which
is not right (as I wrote above).

--
Vladimir Beliaev