harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] some pending shutdown bugs
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:04:52 GMT
Hi,
I went through a set of old and new shutdown bugs. Right now they are
all assigned to Weldon.

  3582: This is a hang problem for gc.Manythreads that I have off and
on on multicore machines. It happens due to mutex corruption when non
responding daemon threads ( during shutdown ) are terminated. There is
a patch for this which weakens the locks for the shutdown thread so
that it does not hang. This has been discussed elsewhere.
 3272: Similar problem. Test attached. It intentionally causes
deadlock on some daemon threads. Linux uses deferred cancellation and
pthread_mutex_lock() { where the deadlocked threads are } is not a
cancellation point. However, this does not block the shutdown thread
in any way, and shutdown happens cleanly. We should close it.
3151 and 2187: dups . The changes in shudown handling of daemon
threads has fixed both bugs, they don't repro.
3314: This is a tools bug, but related to the same shutdown hang
issue. My tools environment is messed up and I could not do much with
this. But it may be fixed by 3582 and the recent shutdown changes.

Thanks,
Rana