harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] What platforms do we support?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 18:16:04 GMT
Centrino has full support for sse and sse2 instructions though it has
a basic PIII microarchitecture. The mfence instruction is a part of
the SSE2 branding. SSE2 is not available on P3 Xeon. So we are talking
of different platforms here, and Nathan's machine is expected to mark
mfence as an illegal instruction.

Nathan, looks like you will need to try running with the recent H-3246
patch  mentioned on the other related thread "[drlvm] tests failing on
linux (Ubuntu 7.04-dev) with Quad Xeon P3". The patch does not mention
what platforms it was tested on. I hope that includes an old PIII
which almost none of us have.