harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Ozhdikhin" <pavel.ozhdik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jitrino]does harmony have interprocedural analyses?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:50:52 GMT
Estelle,

Egor gave a correct list of passes which are interprocedural. In
general, there are several ways to do interprocedural analysis in JIT
(Jitrino.OPT):

1. Lazy analysis - analyze methods as they are compiled and save this
info for further uses
2. "Managed" lazy analysis - the same as above but you may ask VM to
compile a method out of orter, if you need to have it analyzed
3. Eager analysis - like in inlining, when you analyze methods (either
bytecode or translated internal representation) in one compilation
session.

Thank you,
Pavel