harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Ozhdikhin" <pavel.ozhdik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] abcd and devirtualizer patches was: [OT] Harmony used in accepted research paper
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:14:16 GMT
I've tested HARMONY-3630. Profile-guided devirtualizations gives ~2%
improvement on SPECjbb2005 which is impressive! We should disable unguard
config before integrating the patch - otherwise we'll devirtualize virtual
calls twice. Also we should get rid of code duplication in ValueProfiler.cpp.
I'm going to prepare the patch which includes removing unguard config and
then we can integrate profile-guided devirt for abstract and virtual calls.

Thanks,
Pavel