harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [snapshot] Missing debug info in class files
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:28:10 GMT
Andrew Zhang wrote:

>> When we build in release mode, the properties.xml file sets up javac to
>> strip the debug info from .class files (line numbers, vars, etc).  While
>> this may be argued for a JRE, it is clearly not useful for the JDK or
>> HDK builds.  We only save some JAR file space, so I suggest we disable
>> this 'feature' and always include debug info in class files.
>>
>> Anyone agree/disagree?
>

> I agree to include debug info in JDK/HDK. It helps a lot for fixing bugs.

I've been testing with the r533200 build and it seems good.  I think
this oversight warrants a rebuild, of course it should not have any
functional change but will make the JDK and HDK useful!

I'll hack the script to always include debug info -- we can take it out
for the JRE at a later stable build.

Regards,
Tim