harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [snapshot] Freezing the code for Milestone build?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:17:00 GMT
Yang Paulex wrote:
> 2007/4/26, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com>:
>>
>> We should freeze when all CCs are in the up state [1]
>

> Agreed, but every CC needs some time to generate report, so does it make
> sense to
> 1. freeze for some while
> 2. Hold breath and wait for the results
> 3. fix regression failures if any but no other commits
> 4. repeat 1-3 until everything is fine
>
> I suppose 1 day is probably enough for these?

Yes, and I was hoping that we could spend that day also running some
applications to reinforce our confidence in the builds.

I understand that there are still a number of known problems, but it
would be a shame if there was a trivial blocker that prevented us from
showing the true capabilities of the code to date.

This milestone is the one we'll point to at ApacheCon next week and
JavaOne the week after.

Regards,
Tim