harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linux libstdc++.so.5 dependency
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:58:58 GMT
Egor Pasko wrote:
> To summarize the thread. We have several ideas on how to treat
> libstdc++ diversity on various linux systems:
>
> 1. create both snapshots (libstdc++ 5 and 6 separately) plus a good
>    instruction for not-very-geeky users (like me:) on how to check what
>    version of libstdc++ you have on your system

We just declare which distro the snapshot is designed to work on.  I
don't think we would expect users to seek out the libstdc++ version.

> 2. download libstdc++ and recompile it in our build, link in a way
>    whatever is convenient (does it need to tweak gcc afterwards?)

Please, no.

> not many ideas. I would appreciate comments and final decisions on this.

I think we declare the snapshot's intended target, then it becomes a
community issue of whether we have people who are willing to provide a
snapshot configuration on a given disro.

Regards,
Tim