harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Harmony+Eclipse and Scrapbook Pages
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:01:56 GMT
Ivan Popov wrote:
> I traced debug events sent from Harmony to Eclipse and see that it
> sends both BREAKPOINT and STEP events. However, the first STEP event
> is generated for method java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.<init>. It
> seems that Eclipse ignores such STEP event, resumes execution and hits
> breakpoint again.

Hmm, ok, I didn't see that but maybe I'm not tracing at the right points.

> I think the problem is that Harmony cannot find particular class while
> execution code generated for Scrapbook snippet. Is it possible to look
> at the generated code to understand what is the problem with class

I don't think it is getting as far as trying to evaluate the snippet
code yet.  If you look at JavaSnippetEditor#evaluate(String snippet) the
error is raised (on line 630) before the attempt to evaluate the snippet
expression (on line 636).

We are still in the set-up phase of getting the thread context.

Regards,
Tim