harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ruth Cao <ruoshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] new test in tests.api.java.net.SocketTest failed on my Windows XP sp2
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 02:53:36 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> Ruth Cao wrote:
>
>> You are right, Vladimir.
>>
>> It is just because the 'port' variable is set to 8080 and on some
>> machines this port has already been occupied.  The test case will pass
>> if we use Support_PortManager.getNextPort() on my side.
>>

> Please don't use the PortManager, just open port 0 and let the OS
> allocate a free port.  There are examples in the existing tests.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Yes, I agree that we should use port 0 in almost all the test cases.
However, it seems that this test case is a little bit special. It
requires to initialize a ServerSocket to connect 0.0.0.0 after
connecting localhost successfully.  If we use port 0 and 0.0.0.0 at the
same time, the ServerSocket constructed will be invalid.

Thus, shall we assign a rarely-used port (e.g. 50000), or continue using
Support_PortManager? Any ideas? Suggestions?

--
Regards,

Ruth Cao
China Software Development Lab, IBM